Thursday, February 15, 2007

Christmas Hats in February

Mia in her reindeer hat from Auny Cathy on December 3, 2006
Mia in her reindeer hat today-and it's tight!!
Hopefully there won't be too many typos-I've got Mia on my left shoulder while I'm trying to type this. I had posted an update last week and then accidentally deleted it. I knew I would be blogging today, so, I figured I would just put everything in at once. Mia is 4 months old today. She had her check-up today and....(wait for it)........ 6 lbs., 13 ozs!!!!!! Wa-hoo! And 20 1/2 inches long! She is just about the same size Annemarie was when we brought her home from the hospital-Mia's actually a little bit bigger! Last Friday, Mia had some labwork done to check on her liver function and everything came back normal! Thank you God!! She will have to have (hopefully) just one more round of labwork in a month, just to check. If that comes back normal, then we're done with that!! She's still taking medication for her reflux and liver (just for 2 more weeks). We have a home visit with the county health nurse next week as part of the Birth to Three program and another eye appointment. So, things, for Mia at least, are slowing down. Scott has started his Spring classes and I am trying to finish fall classes and have enrolled in Spring classes--not that Ive necessarily done any work!! Scott and I have also been busy with the teen program at church. We started out the year with 2 teens and now average 9 every week! That is such a blessing and we love our kids very much. Please hold them up in prayer-for regular teen issues, but more importantly that they would all come to know Christ as their Saviour. I would also like to ask for prayer for a baby that is still in the NICU at Meriter. Her name is Khia. She was born a few weeks before Mia and is still in the hospital. She has had some major issues and has just recently gotten off her vent and stepped down. I have been praying for Khia for a long time but have failed to mention her on the blog and I feel horrible! Her mom's name is Beth and I know Beth could use alot of prayers, too! Aubrey is off her monitor and only needs oxygen at night! Thank you for praying for her. She's doing great!
Posted by Picasa
SOMEONE PLEASE STOP MY MOMMY FROM TAKING ANYMORE PICTURES OF ME!!!!!!
I'M TIRED!!!!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Geez - she is probably crying because it looks like someone scared the pee out of her for the two pictures just before it. I actually heard Mia crying at her parents when I called this evening. From what I could determine, Mia was hungry and Scott was refusing to give her any mashed potatoes (I could clearly tell that was what she was asking for). Don't worry Mia - I'll be there soon :)