Wednesday, April 25, 2007

This last Saturday, Annemarie tested for her orange belt in Karate. It took her quite awhile to get to her orange belt--she worked really hard, but she'd had some trouble concentrating, but we worked it out. So, the first thing they had to do was lay down and relax...thinking about how they will succeed, etc... Then everyone had to get up and perform one "move" in front of the whole class and parents. She bit her lip until it was her turn (that's what she does when she's nervous) but then she popped right up and did perfect! After many laps, jumping jacks, mountain climbers and push-ups (they REALLY work the kids!!), it was time to relax and reflect on the testing. At this point, I'd had to step out three or four times to keep Mia quiet. I finally strapped her back in her car seat and swung her until she fell asleep!! While the class was relaxing, the teachers placed their belts and certificates in front of them...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly... Its Cheryl.

I cannot believe how much Mia looks like AnneMarie did/does.

I've followed your blog since Mia was born but just finally decided to join the "blog family".

I've been praying for your family.

Kelly said...

Cheryl,
It's great to hear from you! And I love your profile picture! You both look very happy-congratulations (I know it's late...sorry!)!
Kelly :-)

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Congrats to AnneMarie on her accomplishments!!! What, if anything could Mia use? (Either let me know a size, or???)
I think she and AnneMarie look a LOT alike!
Love to you all,
Christina