Saturday, May 24, 2008
March for Babies
As some of you may have known, we were able to participate in the March for Babies fundraiser for the March of Dimes. As it was our first year, we arrived early to check everything out. There were two walk distances to choose from: a 2 1/2 mile "stroll" and a 6 1/2 mile walk. So, we decided that, because I knew it was going to be warm, that we would do the stroll this year. We looked at the map and I noticed that everyone started out in the same direction and then there was a split. (Go ahead....you know what's coming!) Well, because the walk started at Riverside Community College, I was extolling to my nieces the importance of a college education and, yep, we missed the split. Before I knew it, we were well on our way to walking 6 1/2 miles through Riverside on one of the hottest days we had had up to that day. The girls, however, were very excited and assured me that they would be fine. So, off we went. There were a few difficult spots, but we ended up having a really good time and seeing some beautiful parts of Riverside.
There were some booths and one of them was NICU trivia. The question the girls picked was, "What does NICU stand for?" They knew an so they got a little blow up ball, beads and temporary tatoos. You can tell by the shadows that it's EARLY!! I think we got to RCC at about 7:40am!! But there were family and team booths to look at and things to see to keep everyone occupied until we headed out!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment