Saturday, September 27, 2008

Granpa

As some of you know, my grandfather, Harry Breckley, went home to be with the Lord on Sunday, Sept. 21st. He had been living in Oklahoma for the last few years, so Sis, Nic and I left Wednesday morning and are headed back to California tomorrow morning. The visitation/viewing was in Mtn. View, OK on Thursday night and then the service and graveside was in Gotebo, OK (my grandmother was born and raised in Gotebo--it's small!) on Friday morning. The services were very nice. It was also nice to have the family together again and we were able to visit with some cousins we had not seen in a LONG time. Granpa will be missed greatly, but we know that he is with the Lord, now, and that we will see him again someday. (My camera battery died Thursday night and I didn't bring my charger, so I don't have any pictures beyond Thurday night, but I'm sure my sister will be blogging the ones we took, soon!)

Thursday night, after the visitation service, everyone went back to the home of a cousin for some food. We ended up gathering in the living room and singing out of the "blue book" (Heavenly Highway Hymns). It was a lot of fun and I was able to meet some famliy members that I had never met before.

Aunt Liz with Winnie, my grandma Doris' cousin. Winnie is 94 (and someone correct me if I am wrong) and spry! She is really funny and has some great stories about the family!!

Nicholas, my brother, Ken, and my dad singing!

The next posts are of Travel Pig--Christina now has 2 Travel Pigs and they travel with the family when Christina has to stay at home. So, I chronicled Pig's journey until, like I said, my camera died!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patricia's blog said...

Kelly,
I am so sorry to hear your grandpa passed, I know you know he is in a better place and I'm sure he was just so happy to get to be with Jesus and all who went before him, he was a very nice man, I remember we always sat right in front of him and your grandma in church for so many yrs, they where close to my parents, good friend, and I just know they are all up in heaven catching up and praising the lord, like they did when they were here.
please give my love to your whole family, I love you all
Patti