Monday, November 09, 2009
UPDATE!!
Well, I decided that I'd like a break from the never-ending homework and that I should blog. Below are some new pics of Mia, as she has just turned 3. I love birthdays and am quite sentimental about them (to a fault, some would say....). And I have been known to cry on the girls' birthdays, although, I can usually keep it together through the parties.....
Mia is now 35 lbs and 35.5 inches tall. She's in very good health, considering. She does still have Asthma and (we think) environmental allergies, although everything she's been tested for has come back negative. After some concern earlier this year that her immune system wasn't functioning properly, her allergist has suggested letting her get sick so that her immune system could learn how to fight off colds, etc. Of course, this goes against my mom-nature, but he gave me reasonable perameters so, we're adjusting. She had a sinus infection last week and seems to be (slowly) getting over it--with no antibiotics! She's now in the 3 year-old room at school and is doing very well! But, the biggest news is that she has been officially discharged from ALL Early Intervention services!!! Woo-Hoo!! No more therapies!! She's "caught up" to where she needs to be--we're so proud of her! Listening to her talk, count, and watching run around the house--you'd really never realize all she's been through!!
Annie is a blue belt in Karate and just received a stripe on her belt. She's doing great! She started Girl Scouts at the beginning of the school year and really seems to be enjoying that, a lot!! She's also doing well in school and starts middle school in the fall--AAAHHHHH!!!! We're trying not to freak out about that!
Scott is working, working, working.....I'm *still* in school, but may actually be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel--I should graduate in June!!!!
The girls are involved in the Discovery program at church and Scott and I are teaching (with Sis, Tony and Syd) the PLUS group (college age) on Wednesdays and the collge age class on Sunday nights. Mia still has a hard time actually going to class, but loves it once she gets there. And asks if we can "go to my church tomorrow?" :-)
As I said in an earlier post, I am reminded at this time of year, especially, of how far God has brought our family. When Mia was born, we were told that she only had a 35% chance of survivial and that if she did survive, she would have a 65% chance of being severely to moderately disabled. Looking back, those numbers were just two of many that were being thrown at us during her first few days of life--it was a blur. But, God saw through everything and walked beside our family, just as He always has, and always will. I praise and thank Him for that.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment