Sunday, October 29, 2006

Miss Mia

I wanted to blog this picture because this is what Mia looks like pretty much all the time. She LOVES her tummy and is the most content when she is in this position. Today's update is that Mia is pretty stable. She is receiving more support from the ventilator (it breathes a certain amount of breaths per minute for her and gives her supplemental oxygen and pressure to help keep her lungs inflated). So her "spells" (of not breathing and dropping her heart rate) have gotten fewer and farther between. They did a blood culture today to see if the yeast has cleared her blood. Tomorrow is a big day, though. Please pray for Mia and her doctors because tomorrow the doctors will be doing many tests to check the amount of yeast in certain parts of Mia's little bod: she'll have ultrasounds of her heart and kidneys, a spinal tap to check for yeast in her brain and spinal fluid and a test for yeast in her eyes. I won't get into all the specifics of this last test, but I will not be in the nursery when they do it! Actually, I probably will leave for the spinal tap, too, just because it's a sterile procedure and they don't need to worry about Mia's crying mother!! It may be a day or two before we get any results, but I will keep everyone updated.... And I'll take some more pictures now that Mia is actually in "clothes"....I'll explain that when I post the pictures!! And of course, with Halloween coming up, there will be plenty of pictures of Annie as Sleeping Beauty.... :-) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patricia's blog said...

Kelly,
Please know that you and Little Miss Mia are in my daily prayers, we love you all. xoxo Patti