Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A very fun day........

Mia and I had a very fun (and tiring!) day today. This first picture, however, is from yesterday. This is just one of Mia's Christmas outfits. She is in a sleeper now in her isolette--just like a big girl! Today, though, we had a lot of fun!! First she nursed for a bit (and she is doing very well with that--8 ccs!), then I let her sleep because at 1 I gave her a bath (which she REALLY needed! She was a little stinky!). She loved her bath again and the nurse showed me how to wash her back-without getting her face in the water--not easy. We really scrubbed her head for cradle cap and her skin was really flaky. The nurse showed me just how aggressive I could be and we got her all spic and span! She is of course VERY awake in this picture-fuzzy hair and all! I wanted to put on a onesie that I had bought for her and get a picture before she grew out of it. Then, we dressed her up in a Christmas outfit that the nurses provided. We propped her up and tried to pose her....but she was very relaxed from her bath and promptly fell asleep! But, she was really cute anyway! After all that, we still tried to give her a bottle (the first one I've been able to give her!) and she took in 13 ccs! Then we put the rest of her feeding in her tube and Mia and I rocked while the rest of her feeding went in. It was a very busy day, but a good day! She's up to 3 lbs., 7 ozs. and 30cc per feeding. She is offically a "feeder and grower". All she needs to do now is feed and grow! She's a little jaundice looking and her direct bilirubin is up to 4.1 (from 3.9 last week). Still not enough to worry about-they'll check it again in a week or so. She had another eye exam and has had some progression of abnormal blood cells in both eyes. They will repeat the exam next week and just watch things for now. It is still very possible that the ROP in her eyes will clear up completely. It's getting to be that VERY busy time of year so I will really try to keep up on the pictures and blogging. Thank you for all your prayers..........
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

John and Esther said...

Wow, I look at these pictures and it looks like Mia is going to be tall like her Dad. Wish I were there to cuddle her. Will have to make another trip back (when we build up our travel acct after we recover from Christmas). I can't wait till Mia get's to come home and I can't wait for the first pictures with here in her nursery.
When Cathy and Tony get there with the girls, please blog lots of Christmas Pictures. Miss you all so much especially during the holidays.
Merry Christmas,Aunt Esther

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are great, she really looks good, resembles her Daddy. I hope you guys had a very Merry Christmas, Love you Lots! Happy 2007. Stacey