Tuesday, January 02, 2007
It's been awhile...
And alot has happened. But the most wonderful thing is that MIA IS HOME!!!! I can't get to my pictures right now, but I am so excited that I didn't want to wait for my pictures to blog! It happened really fast. The doctors mentioned it Thursday and she came home Sunday night! Needless to say, we REALLY didn't think she would come home before mid-January so we had to go buy more diapers and, luckily, my sister and mom gave me my baby shower on Thursday night and Mia received many beautiful and useful things from everyone that loves her so much.... Mia will have to follow up with a Gastrointestinal specialist for her liver problem (the direct hyperbilirubinenemia) and an Opthamologist for her ROP. They will also be watching her calcium and potassium levels. During a recent liver function screening, the doctor's noticed that these two levels were high. It COULD be a sign of osteopenia (kind of like brittle bone syndrome). They took an x-ray to check for any bone fractures (there were none), and are hoping that by supplementing her calcium and potassium that this will just pass. We go back to Madison next week for appointments with both specialists. Mia had an appointment with her pediatrician today to be weighed (she gained 2 1/2 ounces!). She's now 4 lbs., 4 ozs!! Also wonderful news, Mia's NICU neighbor, Aubrey, went home Saturday night. Melissa and Corey looked so happy! Thank you to everyone who has held this family up in prayers. Aubrey is on oxygen and a monitor, but I know that Melissa and Corey are just happy to have her home! God is good! And we are so thankful that He has blessed us with so many terrific and powerful prayer warriors who prayed us through! I'll get the pics on soon-I PROMISE! HAPPY NEW YEAR AND LOVE TO ALL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Melissa and i are so happy that Mia got to come home. It was definately a long haul in the Special Care Nursery but it was all well worth it. I am sure for you and Scott it was just as much a learning experiance as it was for Melissa and I. We never thought about anything like the NICU before we found ourselves sitting there everynight 65 days or so in a row.(but who was counting) Our thoughts and prayers go out to the famlilies that have found themselves in the similar situation. Mia is so beautiful were so blessed to have had her and You and Scott as neighbors. Thank you
Corey Melissa and Aubrey
Kelly,
So happy to hear baby is doing well and is home, you and Scott and Annie are in my daily prayers along with baby Mia, look forward to those pictures, we love you all very much. Patti
Can't wait to see the pictures you have all been in our prayers. I am so excited for you. Love you Judy
Post a Comment