Friday, January 26, 2007

Look who's getting bigger....FINALLY!!!

I love my thumb more every day!!JAZZ HANDS!!Well, I realize this is a bit late, but....Mia gained 6 ounces last weekend!!! The new formula seems to be working for now. All week, I have been talking with insurance companies, doctors, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and Enfamil formula company to find the best way to finance Mia's new formula. Walgreens charges $376 for a box of 100 packets of formula (about a 12 day supply). Yes, that's three hundred and seventy six dollars. It's called Human Milk Fortifier and is used for premature infants to give the breast milk more calories (which Mia REALLY needs). But, God worked it out-as HE always does. This morning the charge nurse from the NICU at Meriter called and was able to talk with the nursery's rep from Enfamil. Enfamil has a program called Helping Hands that donates formula to needy families--which we are.... :-) SO, Enfamil will be suppliying Mia's formula FOR FREE!!!! Thank you God! What am awesome God--we should never worry.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks great! I'm so glad things are working out for you guys. God is good! Love you lots. Stacey

Anonymous said...

Yes, God is great and we continue to learn these lessons from Him on His timetable. We love you guys and will keep the prayers going. Mia is such a beauty and a special gift from God.

Oscar

John and Esther said...

Hello,what an awesome God we serve. We are in Queen Creek, Az right now working on the Building here. We had wonderful services today and Scott your Uncle is an awesome preacher and the fellowship here is so wonderful. We love you all and miss you, Love Aunt Esther

Anonymous said...

It was such a blessing to see that beautiful bundle at church last night. Love you lots
Phyllis

Judy said...

Oh hon that is awesome about the formula and God does perform many wonders doesn't he? I think Mia looks more like Scott all the time. We can pray she does outgrow it... (smile) Just kidding Scott.
We are praying for you all still and I keep checking on new pictures all the time even if I do not post.
Love and Hugs Judy Lockwood