Monday, January 22, 2007
OK, OK, Here they are......
THIS POST WAS WRITTEN LAST NIGHT-SUNDAY----OK. so I had these great intentions to blog from Christmas to now in chronological order, blah, blah, blah....I think that I had just better get some pictures on here before I get disowned from my families! Mia is doing well. Much better this weekend than the entire time she has been home. She has been weighed at least once a week since she came home. She came home at 4 lbs., 1 oz and as of Thursday is only up to 4 lbs., 4 oz. Her doctor changed the type of formula we add to the breastmilk and also put her on Zantac-he thinks she has reflux. And I think he is right! Almost immediately (and I am not kidding!) we noticed a difference in Mia's sleeping. Before she would grunt and groan so much I wasn't getting much sleep and I know that she wasn't either. After her very first dose of Zantac, she slept so soundly I actually checked her a couple of times to be sure she was breathing! Her spit-up (which was projectile and often) has also gotten sooooo much better! The hope is that now that she can sleep and keep her food down better SHE'LL GROW!!! She has to sleep to grow.....we've had one eye exam since she has been home--her eyes have stayed the same, which is good--not any better, but not any worse! She'll have to have eye exams every two weeks until either they get better or they get worse and require treatment. I think the Retinopathy will heal on its own, though, as she matures. We're also seeing a Pediatric Gastrointestinal specialist in Madison to follow Mia's liver function. Her most recent blood work showed a much lower direct bilirubin (3.3) but elevated liver enzymes (I don't remember the exact names). She had an ultrasound of her liver also and that looked fine. We go back to see that doctor in about two weeks for more blood work. We have a physical therapist coming to the house on Tuesday just to evaluate Mia. Because she was born so early, she is automatically enrolled in Wisconsin's Zero to Three program. It is a state program that provides services for special needs children from birth to 3 years old. They'll follow Mia's progress and help us locate any resources she may need. Annie is doing quite well with everything. I notice some tendencies to act out a little more, but Scott and I are trying to make some time to do special things with her. Friday night, Annie and Scott went on a date-dinner and a movie--and today Annie and I went out to lunch after church (Scott stayed home with Mia). Mia only leaves the house for doctor's appointments right now. Anything else would really tire her out and we don't want to expose her to anything that might land her back in the hospital. Thank you for all the love and prayers, as always! I will try to blog much more often to let you know how we are all doing. God is great and I thank Him for everything!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes God is great and we continue to pray for Mia every day. We love you guys so much and wish we could be there.
Oscar and Florence
Oh, what a blessing, little Mia came home. She is so beautiful. Your family has been blessed. Preemie babies are so resiliant and seem to get over most of their problems at birth. God Bless you all.
Sandy Blake
Post a Comment