Saturday, July 07, 2007

Happy 4th!

Well, Happy (belated) 4th of July everyone! It's been awhile since I've blogged so I thought I would try to get caught up. I found Annie and Mia matching tank tops (Annie loves to match her sissy.) for the holiday. And even though it was 10pm when we took these pictures, they were both in good moods. Mia did great with the fireworks. I told Scott that if I didn't know she can hear just fine I would want to have her ears checked--she didn't even flinch! The fireworks weren't coming in a fast enough succession so she would look around at the ground or something, but when they would catch her eye, she would just stare at them! It was nice (this was teh first year ANnie made it through the fireworks without noise-reducing headphones on!)-- I guess if there was a positive of all her months in the NICU it is that she will sleep through anything and doesn't seem to be bothered by noises!! Mia goes to the doctor next week for her 9 month check-up! So, no current weight, etc... She is starting to wear 6 month clothes, though--very exciting! And she's made her way through all the stage 1 foods-fruits & veggies-and even stage 2 meats. We started meats last week again and now she does just fine with them. She even seems to like the turkey (blah!!). She rolled from her stomach to her back a few days ago, but hasn't repeated it. She's really trying to roll-she'll get there! She's gotten herself on a pretty good schedule, too. Up at about 6:30, breakfast, playtime, a bottle at about 9:00am and then down for a nap at about 9:30. She sleeps for about 2 hours, lunch, playtime and another bottle at about 1:30ish, then back down for another nap at 2:30ish for another two hours or so. Then she's up, has a bottle, plays, and wants a botlle and bedtime right around 8-8:15, PERIOD. If she sleeps later and has a dinner bottle at 6:30 even, she'll want to get ready for bed at about 8:15. She's usually in bed by 9-9:30, since we're also trying to get Annie in bed at about that time, too! She sleeps through the night very well. There was one night she woke up at 1:30, but she ended up fussing herself back to sleep, so, it's been great. I just need to go to bed earlier and take advantage of both the girls being in bed early, but whatever! She's been vocalizing more-we've been workig with her by repeating the sounds she makes back to her. Annie is enjoying summer (as you can see by her great tan!). She's been to the waterpark a couple of times, to the city pool, and over to play at almost all her friends' homes. I'm just trying to remind her that she doesn't have to go, go, go all the time!! But, she's does have swim lessons once a week, karate twice a week and starting next week, gymnastics three times a week. So, so much for a quiet summer!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are such beautiful girls... thanks again for sharing so much of them with all of us so far away! Love and miss you guys, Chris

Patricia's blog said...

they are so beautiful!
i miss you guys.

Unknown said...

Those pictures of the girls are so cute!!!

John and Esther said...

We love you, would love to spoil you some more.
Uncle John and Aunt Esther

Greg and Sarah Breckley said...

Annie still lets me hold her, why wont Mia? What did you tell her while I was gone??? little rat...