Sunday, September 23, 2007

My Dad

On July 23rd, my stepmother called to tell me that my dad, Gene Thorpe, had passed away that morning after suffering a heart attack. To say that I was devastated would be an understatement. I had just talked to him about 3 days earlier. Annie and I flew to California and spent 9 days helping my stepmom, Diane, prepare for the funeral service. Even today, it's very numbing to think that he is really gone. It really makes me consider the fact that God can take us out of this world in a moment--I need to be diligent about getting the Gospel to all those who don't know Christ as their Saviour. I miss my dad, so much. Above, is a picture of dad and Diane with all the California granddaughter's at Easter last year. Below, dad is holding Annemarie for the first time. Unfortunately, when we were in California in May for Tony's funeral, I did not get any pictures of dad holding Mia. I hate even thinking about that.......and I am trying to take pictures of the family--all the family--when we're together for any reason. I love my dad and miss him alot.......
Posted by Picasa

No comments: