Thursday, February 21, 2008

Annie

A few weeks ago, Annie brought me a note from her teacher. She looked a little nervous as I read it; but it was a note telling me that she was getting an award at the monthly awards assembly and that it was a secret...well, at least it was supposed to be. Annie was reading it over my shoulder!! So, the next morning, I went to her school (with my new camera--which I hadn't learned how to use completely). The first award the principal handed out was the Responsible Student Award. She said that the student was a hard worker, always willing to help her classmates, does her homework and classwork in a timely manner, etc, etc... Then she said that this award is given to Annemarie Kallner!!! I was clapping so much that I didn't get a picture until she was already on the stage!! And then of course I made her pose in the front yard, too, with her awards. We're very proud of Annie, she's been working really hard.

After a few other awards, the principal gave out the "Caught Being Good Awards". During the month, teachers and staff members at Annie's school "catch" kids doing something extra helpful, etc...and then give them a yellow slip to put in a big box. At the monthly assembly, the principal draws four names from the yellow slips and those kids get to go to Shakey's with the principal for lunch. And, yep, Annie got picked!! She was so excited and got to go to Shakey's for lunch (as she said) "ON A SCHOOL DAY, MOM!!!"

Yep, that's my responsible student ;-)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

MarlaSt said...

Congratulations Annie!!!! What a great award. And my goodness, aren't you just getting prettier and prettier? What school do you go to???
Love you kiddo