Thursday, June 04, 2009

Update Time-FINALLY!

(Debbie, this post is for you, especially! It was great to see you... ;-) and thanks for all your prayers!) As it's been so long since I've blogged, I thought I would take a few minutes to do a REALLY quick update! The picture above was taken a few weeks ago at church. (Annie still doesn't mind dressing like her sister, but I'm sure that will change very soon!). Both girls are doing well. Annie is finishing up 4th grade, has joined Girl Scouts, and is now a purple belt in Karate (Hap Do Sool) and testing for her green belt next week! She's been seeing an allergist since September and he's been tinkering with her medication for her allergies and asthma. She's allergic to trees, grasses and flowers (many different kinds of each). She's not had any acute asthma attacks since being on her new inhaler, but her lung function is still low. She's also had a lot of breakthrough symptoms SOOO, she'll be starting allergy shots soon. ugh. Twice a week to start, then once a week, then moving towards once a month for maintenance during the winter. But, it will be nice for her to not feel so miserable. She's also just had another growth spurt and is the tallest in her class--again. Mia is also getting very tall--35 1/2 inches (and 32 pounds at 2 years, 8 months)! She's been discharged from gross/fine motor therapy but will probably stay in speech threapy for a bit still. Although, her speech has come such a long way in a relatively short time. She's putting together 4-word phrases and has even learned how to be sarcastic (a long-standing family tradition!). Her dad taught her to say, "Uh, nooo." Nice. She's doing great in school and has even started to talk there, as well (Mia pretty much keeps to herself at first. Like Annie, she takes a bit to warm up to her surroundings.) Mia had tubes put in her ears in February and just got the "all-clear" (tubes are clear and all the infection is finally gone!) a few weeks ago. We pray the tubes do there job and no more trips to Urgent Care!! I'm finishing up the spring quarter at Cal State-yah. I am not taking summer classes-I need a break and we have Church Camp, VBS, the State Youth Invasion, Sports Camp for the big girls (Christina, Samantha and Annie), etc....so I'll start my LAST year in September!! Yah-yah! Although, I will need to credential for a year after that, but at least I will have FINALLY finished my degree! Praise God!! Scott is working, working. He started a new job in October and is very happy with the new company. He's also started playing racquetball with some of the guys at work (and occasionally, Tony joins them). He's also keeping busy painting for friends and family--which he actually finds very relaxing, but whatever! ;-) That's the quick and dirty version...I'm off to school now--Shakespeare and Literary Theory await!! I will try to be better about posting--really I will!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daisy weighs the same as Mia! How funny. :-) Can't wait to see you guys soon.