
At the very end of the test, everyone had to sit and reflect upon their performance. Annemarie has seen the Lion King one too many times and loves to take any opportunity to "meditate". She, of course, got a little antsy, but did very well.

The kids stood up, and with their eyes still closed, werwe presented with their new belts. When they opened their eyes and picked up their ne belts, they were to smell them. Yes, smell them. The instructor explained it to be similar to a new car smell and that it should motivate the kids to continue on their journey to their next belt....... OK........... Annie seemed to like smell it, so whatever! This is her instructor helping her put her new yellow belt on.

Then everone had to bow out; bow to the instructors, your neighbor and yourself. WHEW!

And finally, this is Annemarie with everyone that tested into a new belt. She hasn't asked to take a weapons class, yet, but we're just waiting...... We are very proud of her, obviously, and she has worked very hard.
4 comments:
Tell Annemarie I am very, very proud of her. She is going to have to show me some of her moves when I get back there for Christmas! I know she is only supposed to use it for self defense, but can she use it on Uncle Tony if he is being a really big pain in the butt??
Annemarie says,"No, because the rule of Karate is that you cannot use Karate on anybody, unless someone you don't know is trying to steal you. Then you can use Karate on them. If it's someone you know, then don't use Karate on them, just say, 'Please stop being a pain in the botoom'" (Annie is not allowed to say butt) :)
Annemarie, looks like you're having so much fun.I am so proud of you.Keep up the good work.
If it takes every last penny I have I will see to it that Annie gets a black belt just so she can clean her cousin Nic's clock.
Post a Comment