Saturday, September 30, 2006

Promotion Day!

Annemarie had her first belt promotion in Karate today. She was a white belt and she is now a yellow belt. It was a very long test, about 2 hours, and they did jumping jacks and push ups, along with all their regular Karate "moves".
They started off by laying on the flor, as they visualized themselves doing theor very best (I know, a little metaphysical, but her instructor's are very big on a "whole-person" approach to Karate). This is one of my favorite pictures. They were doing some move where they had to punch and kick and then hit the floor while yelling their "Hi-ya". Well, I got her mid-"Hi-ya!" She looks determined and a little scary! This is another mid"Hi-ya". I think she was nervous because some of her form was off, but her instructors helped her with that. It was very obvious she's had some dance experience because at one point she was pirouetting! Posted by Picasa

No comments: