
Although we have received a
small amount of snow this year, this picture of Annemarie and Caitlyn is from last year. But, the change over of clothes is complete, snow boots and pants are in the coat closet waiting to go to school and the snow shovel is ready to be used....I do like the first snows--it's very peaceful to watch, but, honestly, around February, it's a little old.... I hate posting without pictures (it's probably really boring) so I've decided that on the days I don't have any new pics that I will post some of the pictures we took before I started blogging. Today was a little different-I stayed home. And I hated it. But, the van had to go into the shop for hail damage repair, laundry was calling, I organized Annie and Mia's rooms and today is Annie's parent-teacher conference. She has assured me that I will not find out anything surprising, but I 'll let you know! Mia is doing well. Monday she started feedings again, and then had to stop after just 3 feedings. She just wasn't tolerating it. So, they decided to give her a break. She also started having some spells, so they took an x-ray to be sure she wasn't having any problems from the NEC. We were really nervous that she was getting sick again. But, God answered our prayers and the x-ray was clear. It did show that her lungs were not as inflated as the doctor would like, so she was put back on nasal prongs (CPAP). So, Tuesday they held her feedings. But, I was able to hold her for about 2 hours, which was wonderful! Wednesday they started her back on feedings, but just one every 8 hours. Mia and I were able to kanagaroo again for about 2 hours-again very wonderful... And today, her doctor's increased her feedings to once every 2 hours and so far she is doing well. She is supposed to have a follow-up ultrasound on her kidneys to see if the anti-fungal medication cleared up the small amount of fungus in her kidneys. I'll post results when they come in. Thank you to God and to everyone for their prayers, we are so blessed with so many people who care and a God who answers prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment