Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Sorry...

that there are no new, or old, pictures tonight. I'm going to try and take a picture of Mia's new digs because she stepped down!!! It's exciting! This means that Mia is now in the step down nursery of the NICU. This is the nursery on the other side of the nurse's station where the babies go once they are no longer on a vent or any IV's and are on full feedings. Also, the other room that Mia was in was getting VERY full and Mia was the healthiest of all the babies, so she got to step down. I realized today, and this may sound weird, that Mia will be actually coming home. Not like I doubted her coming home, but her home for over 6 weeks has been bed 3 in room 1 of the NICU. Now it's room 2, and while she's still in the NICU, it's just weird to see her in a different setting. She was always in exactly the same spot in room 1, and I guess it's just different and I think I'm rambling....sorry! Mia has not gained any weight since Saturday. She is now on 15 cc every 3 hours and the doctor said that he is not surprised that she is not gaining because she is probably not getting all the calories she needs to grow (she gets just enough tosupport her where she is now), but that they are holding her back a bit because she is not tolerating her feedings that well, again. She's still having some pretty big aspirates. He said that they will discuss possibly doing some tests to see if she has developed a stricture of her intestines where her NEC may have left scar tissue. But, he wanted to see how she did today on her own.... I failed to mention this before, but please pray for my grandpa, Harry Breckley. He is in Scripps Mercy Hospital in San Diego. Tomorrow, he will be having (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) a double heart bypass and a heart valve replacement. He's 84 now, and I know that if the Lord is ready to take him, then grandpa will be ready to go. I just pray that we, as his family, will have the strength to travel the road that the Lord has planned out for us with love and grace.

No comments: