Monday, November 27, 2006

Aww, Nicki-Poo-Poo

I had forgotten about this picture of my nephew, Nicholas. We're so proud... :-) But, really, we are. He is a very bright young man who is working hard, both at work and at school. I just like to embarrass him whenever I can because he loves to point out my grammatical errors....I love you, Bubba! Mia is doing well. She has had her feedings increased to every 3 hours, hopefully to give her some extra time to digest her food. She will now start having the amount increased to 21 cc, so she can still equal 7cc per hour. The doctor decided to check her bilirubin in a week, as long as she isn't having any other problems. He feels that the high level of direct bilirubin is due, mostly, to the TPN (the supplemental nutrition) she received for most of her life. He said that the TPN may just need a chance to completely clear her system and allow the bilirubin levels to come down. We were able to kangaroo for about 2 and a half hours. We also started nuzzling today. It was VERY exciting! Nuzzling is the first step in getting Mia to start nursing...and I'll just leave it at that! :-) I cried, of course, because it was so nice to feel like I did with Annemarie--just like a regular mom! No weight gain today, but no loss either! Thank you for your prayers, as always! Aubrey is being weaned off her ventilator after a VERY scary night last night. She is doing OK now, but I could tell that Melissa was very unnerved by everything! Please continue to pray for her, Corey and Aubrey....and for our little Mia--they are both gifts from God! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cathy said...

That is Christina's FAVORITE picture of Nic. She has a copy of it and carries it around with her, has taken it to school to show her friends. She just thinks it is SO funny!!

Glad to hear Mia is doing well. I can't wait to kiss her head and do "tick tock baby"

Kelly said...

What in the world are you doing posting at 1:24am!?!?!? :-)