May the feeding frenzy begin!! This is Annemarie last year at Thanksgiving...beyond the fact that she is doing her favorite thing (besides watching TV), I can't get over how big my girl is getting. She is turning into a terrific big sister. Annie has been practicing with her own baby dolls so she can take care of her sister when she comes home. Mia is doing well. She is up to 4 cc every two hours on her feedings and they will up it by 1 cc every 8 hours. So far, little to no aspirates (leftover milk in her tummy from her previous feeding). She has had very few spells, and the ones she does have are only when she needs to have her nose suctioned. Other than that, not much else to report, which is a good thing! We will be staying in Madison at the Ronald McDonald house on Wednesday night so we can see Mia early Thursday before heading back to Reedsburg for dinner. I will have to take some pictures of the Ronald McDonald House. It has been a blessing that this facility is available to us and all the other families with children in the hospital. I have to admit that I have never paid much attention to those little boxes at the McDonald's drive-thru. But, now that we are on the other end of that box, I put all my change (and a few dollars) in that little box! They not only provide very nice rooms, but a full stocked kitchen so we wouldn't have to pay for a meal. Groups come in and make dinner and they will make a sack lunch to take to the hospital if we need. There are laundry facilities (with detergent, etc. provided), a play room, library, game room and 2 tv rooms. They ask for only $10 per night and if a family cannot afford that, they have groups that pay it for them. In talking to the manager, there are families that stay there for months or even years and that $10 a night really adds up! Like I said, it has been such a bleesing to us when we've needed to stay late or be in Madison early. I would like to ask that everyone continue to pray for our family, but also for the other little babies in the nursery with Mia. There are some who are not doing as well as Mia, and some who are doing better than Mia, but they and their families need our prayers. I don't know all their stories (what with privacy standards in a hosptal, as much as I want to ask, I don't), but everyone needs the Lord.
3 comments:
You know I never really paid much attention to those little boxes either. Ally has been collecting the little tops on soda cans for the past two years. She will make anyone with a soda give them to her or if she sees one on the street she will pick it up and until now it wasnt really that important to me. WOW Im touched! I will now pay much more attention and do what I can.
I love you,
Trisha
Oh by the way those soda can tops are to raise money for the Ronald Mcdonald House. I forgot to say that.
Love, Trisha
Tell Ally thank you. I love it when kids are interested in helping others. And thanks, Trish, for your love and support. I REALLY wish you were here. I miss you.....
Post a Comment