
These are some pictures I took of Mia yesterday. And of course, today she looks totally different! Today, she is not as swollen in her face and she doesn't have the IV in her head. Her doctors are slowly weaning her off the ventilator--they reduce her rate and then her pressure and wait to see how she'll tolerate everything. So, far, she is doing very well. They are also weaning her off of her pain medication. They have decided to switch one of her antibiotics to a broader spectrum so that her yeast infection doesn't begin to colonize again. She had an eye exam yesterday (not sure why) and that was fine. Mia also received a new isolette today (she gets a new one once a week). So her nurse bundled her up and I got to hold her for about 30 minutes. It was so nice to hold her again!

This is the best picture I could get of Mia trying to open her eyes. And of course, today, when I didn't bring in my camera, she was awake and alert for about 20 minutes. I need to bring my camera in everytime, just in case......

Poor honey, she looks like a unicorn with that IV in her head........
2 comments:
Hello, was just looking again for an update. I know you are probably pretty tired, but hang in there. We think about you all often and pray God will give you all the strength you need. Glad to hear Miss Mia is holding her own. I know it's pretty hard to watch her go through all the testing and procedures. Hug and kisses, Aunt Esther and Uncle John
Oh what a Princess! Little Princess Mia. I call Malia Princess Mia. Shes so sweet Kelly. I wish I could see her in person. I guess I have to wait until next time I get to come to Wisconsin. My prayers are with you Mia.
Love, Trisha
Post a Comment